Topic Tuesday: Taco workflows

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

We’re going with a Taco theme for today’s topic. The discussion I'm starting is going to be about Taco assembly workflows. The idea will be to discuss best practices on how to best assemble the taco with supporting evidence if possible. No we will not be putting a Taco in a box and creating a Schrodinger's Taco. I would like to pose the following challenge:

You have 10 steps in your taco assembly process. You MUST use all of the 10 ingredients OR select which ingredients are waste (explain why you’re removing them; personal dislike is acceptable) at each station. If you choose, you may combine ingredients to reduce your amount of steps, but if you do this please explain why. Don’t forget to name your combo:
Your 10 ingredients are as following:

1. Taco Shell,
2. Meat (substitute if needed),
3. Lettuce,
4. Cheese,
5. Salsa,
6. Sour Cream,
7. Beans,
8. Onions,
9. Guacamole,
10. Lime

An example workflow:

The NACHO TACO!
1. Taco Shell (crushed),
2. Meat,
3. (Combined; Beans, Cheese, Onions),
4. Salsa,
5. Guac,
6. Lime
7. Removed Sour Cream for the following: Bean, Cheese, Onions will create a similar texture and may seem redundant to the dish.

Once you have completed your taco, take a step back and appreciate what you have done. Don’t eat it just yet. I want you to look at how others have create their tacos and how they applied their own process. Take this time to reflect that each person has their own method, and each person will not always enjoy someone else’s taco workflow. Consider this next time you are creating or working on a workflow that will impact the person receiving the taco.

2 comments

Comment

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2018

The Inverted Taco

1. Taco Shell
  2. Sour Cream
  3. Guacamole
  4. Onions
  5. Cheese
  6. Lettuce
  7. Meat
  8. Salsa on the side
  9. Removed Lime b/c it has no place ruining a taco :P
  10. Removed beans b/c this is a taco not a burrito!

Now our heavy meat keeps all of our light toppings locked deep inside the shell for a less messy experience ;)

Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2018

I'm with you @Jeff Tillett, the meat holds everything together. The sour cream glues all the rest to the taco, especially since I always go for soft tacos. I would personally skip the lettuce as it doesn't add taste and takes too much room: now I can add more meat :-)

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2018
Angry Rooster Taco

1. Taco Shell
2. Beans, Refried (Slather interior surfaces)
3. Meat (Chipotle Chicken)
4. Cheese (Pepper Jack)
5. Repeat Meat and Cheese
6. Sour Cream
7. Remove Salsa (Replace with jalapeños)
8. Guac on the side w/chips
9. Removed Lettuce and onions (Jalapeños add plenty of roughage)
10. Lime (For the tequila shooter)
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events