cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday - Let's Get Meta!

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018

Happy Tuesday, everyone! For this week's Topic Tuesday, I was hoping to get a bit meta and get some feedback on our in-person AUG meetings. Why did you start coming out to AUG meetings? What do you hope to get out of our meetings?

3 comments

Comment

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 11, 2018

Personally, I started coming to AUG meetings a couple years ago to meet others in the local community and learn a lot more about the Atlassian ecosystem. The meetings were really helpful in advancing my knowledge and career, for sure.

Now as an AUG leader, I hope to share the things I've learned with AUG newcomers and regulars alike!

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

For me, to be completely honest, I was looking to see what job opportunities existed to build my career on the Atlassian ecosystem. I was working at a company where I was responsible for managing the Atlassian stack as a "side job" to my primary duties, and the company did not see the value in a dedicated Atlassian role. I felt like this was strange and wanted to know how other organizations viewed this role, and what scope of work I may be missing out on without giving it my full attention. 

While the AUG did not personally lead to a new job for myself, it did open my eyes to new ways of thinking, new ideas for better working cultures, and taught me a lot about best practices for how to build my career and hone my skills. 

Today, networking and best practice techniques are what I take away the most, and as an AUG leader, my mission is to share my experiences with anyone who shows an interest. 

Great topic Alex!

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2018

@Alex Christensen Great topic!

I started coming to the AUGs maybe 5-6 years ago. I wanted to see what others were doing with the product along with what problems they're solving with Atlassian tools. I kept returning because of the rich conversation you can have with other users (new and expert). I found there are infinite ways to complete a task, deployment, or configure the tool.

The AUG events are something that I have come to really appreciate simply due to the feedback other can give you and the fact you always learn something at an event.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events