Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday: Holiday Season Management

Kaitlynn Tillett November 13, 2018

October-January is a busy time of year for my family, and I'm sure most people can relate. Between Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, there is a lot going on and it can be tough to keep track of everything that needs to get done. A few years ago, my dad introduced the idea of a Kanban board to help manage the tasks we had to complete. We put sticky notes on our cabinets, right in the middle of the kitchen where everyone could see, and got to work. With everything right in front of us, we didn't forget anything or become overwhelmed, and time management became easier by leaps and bounds. We now use a family Kanban board in Trello to manage busy weekends throughout the year!

My question to you is: how can you use Atlassian tools to help manage your busy end-of-the-year schedule? Have you ever used or considered using these tools outside of a work environment? I'm looking forward to reading your responses and finding new ways to use Atlassian tools for personal management! 

5 comments

Comment

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

I think you know my answer ;)

Like Kaitlynn Tillett likes this
Kim Tillett November 14, 2018

Trello is great for organizing Christmas lists!

Like # people like this
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

I use the heck out of Trello outside of work. I've use it around the house for planning and what we're going to focus on for the week, tracking our shopping lists, a separate board dedicated to food/drink we like to have in the house along with recipes for meals we really like, and I even have a board I use to work on my own hobbies like music/songwriting!

Like # people like this
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Great Topic, @Kaitlynn Tillett! Can I use this on our Trello group page?

Like # people like this
Kaitlynn Tillett November 14, 2018

Thank you! Yes, feel free to use this on your Trello group page! :) 

Like # people like this
Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2018

@Kaitlynn TillettI can't seem to get it to copy over and would like for you to have credit for the post. Would you mind just copying this to a new post on the DFW Trello page?

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2018

I've been using trello! 

I use one board for specific xmas gifts for individual people I really want to get gifts for. 

Also created a board for things that need to be finished around the house before xmas! I've even dragged my parents into using it since my dad likes to check things off to feel accomplished! :) 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events