cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Larry Brock - water sports nut, Atlassian enthusiast, and former AUG leader

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

Hello everyone!  It's great see the shiny new Dallas AUG Community site!

I wanted to join your group as I have the privilege of knowing a few of you and I'm hope to attend a few of your meetings in the coming months.  After all, Austin isn't that far away and my employer is a big supporter of the Texas AUGs!

I posted this introduction on the Austin Community site so feel free to skip the rest if you are an Austin group member. =^)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It doesn't take most people very long to find out I love water sports - all water sports.  I'm a lake-rat at heart and spend every moment I can skiing, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, tubing, paddleboarding, etc.  I love the ocean too and surf, scuba, and snorkel whenever I get the chance.  On summer weekdays, you can frequently find me on Lake Austin at sunrise with my friends sneaking in a ski session before work.  Yes, we're nuts.

Atlassian enthusiast is the truth! - I worked with Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Crowd for several years and had so much fun that I joined Praecipio Consulting here in Austin to work full time with the Atlassian suite.  I now have the privilege of working with organizations across the USA, helping them streamline business processes, often employing various Atlassian tools to help.  I also get to help customers by installing, upgrading, and migrating various tools between server, DC, and the cloud.  In addition, I have fun auditing, troubleshooting, tuning, integrating, and adding automation to increase the value of the tools.  I love to share what I know and learn new things so if you have a question, please don't be afraid to ask - if I don't know the answer, I'll likely join your journey of discovery.

As my article title indicates, I spent a couple of years working with the outstanding Atlassian Community Team plus Tony, Daniel, and Reese Schmit as an Austin AUG leader. I've also had the privilege of meeting Stephen, Jeff, and Alex at Summit, team tour, and Praecipio sponsored events. Though I had to step down due to becoming an Atlassian Solutions Partner employee, you'll still find me hanging around the Austin AUG, speaking, participating on panels, helping set up/tear down, and generally helping wherever I can.

Cheers!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events