cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow authentication to Crowd 2.7.2

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2014
Hi, I have crowd 2.7.2 and mysql 5.1 on the same linux (rhel6) server. We have several applications linking to it just fine. In the past year or so, I noticed authentication to the crowd gui itself with my admin credentials take 1-5 minutes... and if I am inactive for 30 seconds or so, I have to repeat this hellish login. Had the same issue with crowd 2.6 - though it hasn't always been this bad. I haven't upgraded the mysql DB. Note: I thought it might me a reverse dns lookup issue . But nope , mysql is not performing reverse dns lookup. Heap settings look good on crowd application . Mysql user grants are not using hostnames..but localhost or specific up addresses. I'm stumped . Is this some mysql issue? We have several directories , only one is ldap though... an active directory connection to an ADAM server .. which has worked fine for years. Our user base, including disabled users, is under 4000. Any tips much appreciated . Makes admin tasks in crowd a nightmare.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

Please raise a support case at https://support.atlassian.comand our friendly support team will help you collect information and troubleshoot based on your configuration and logs. (This QA site isn't well suited to back and forth troubleshooting due to its public nature.)

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2014
Thanks - I did. I will post if anything interesting comes out of it.
0 votes
Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2014

This is a provisional answer: When I granted all privileges on the crowd mysql user, the problem went away. Perhaps I was missing a necessary permission. Still need to see how it plays out though. :)

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2014

actually -- scratch that. Still encountering issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events