crowd consume google accounts

We want, through single sign-on (SSO), Crowd consume users of Google Apps to avoid having to re-enter the session Crowd, we followed the instructions in the documentation of Crowd 2.8 for integration with Google Apps, enclosed as link, but when we finished the integration and proceed to login to our gmail, the mail redirect to the Crowd page. Is this what should happen? We only want that crowd consumes users of Google Apps to login to our applications.

1 answer

1 votes
Bruno Vincent Community Champion Apr 04, 2016

Hi Jorge,

There are actually two different tools for Crowd integration with Google Apps:

1. The Google Apps Connector, which is provided by Atlassian and allows your users to log into Google Apps using their Crowd credentials. As far as I understand, this is what you followed, so yes this is just normal that Google Apps redirects you to the Crowd login page for authentication.
  2. The Google Apps plugin for Crowd, which is provided by a third party vendor and allows your users to log into your Crowd integrated web applications (Jira, Confluence, your in-house apps etc.) using their Google Apps credentials. I guess this is what you actually want.

Best regards,

Bruno

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

247 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot