Win 2008 AD LDAP DN configuration

I have a win 2008 AD Domain called 'mydomain.us' - CROWD Server and DC are on same subnet. What will be the BASEDN to use - tried ou=10.211.55.7,dc=10.211.55.0,dc=local

When i use cn=administrator for User and the correct password - i get this error

here was a problem communicating with the LDAP server: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903AA, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v1771]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C0903AA, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v1771]

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

From my understanding, the Base DN should be configured as dc=mydomain,dc=us. Could you try that?

As for the LDAP Error Code 49, please see this KB article regarding it. According to the KB article, the error is saying that the user cn=administrator is not found in the Base DN you've specified.

Figure its pretty easy to get the DN from AD via command prompt, using the following "dsquery"

> dsquery user -name administrator

'CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=mycircleofcare,DC=us'

Great to know. I'm not very familiar with AD, the information quite useful to me.

May I know what is the current status of the configuration? Keep us updated.

This works- thanks

BaseDN : cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=us

UserName : cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=mydomain,dc=us

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,168 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you