1. create user random in Crowd
2. add random to jira-users & a project group, i.e. whatever-developers in Crowd
3. synchronise the Crowd directory in Jira
4. searching for user random and accessing it would display the whatever-developers group under Application access & group but not jira-users, with the alert:
This user has no application access and won't be able to log in until added to an application.
6. random attempts & succeeds to login in Jira
7. in user management, the alert is removed and he appears as member of jira-users
Jira version: 7.8.0.
Crowd version: 3.0.1.
I created a test user in Crowd 3.0.1 and added it to two groups in Crowd, then synchronized the Crowd User Directory in Jira 7.8. Both the jira-users and jira-developers groups appeared under the test user's account right away after the sync, before the user logged in. So, I think what you are seeing is not the expected behavior.
Are there any errors in the logs during the initial synchronization, indicating the user was not added to jira-users? Also, when the user logs in is there an entry saying the user was added to the group?
Please check for the random user's username in the Crowd logs located at:
Also in the Jira logs:
For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events