Why app access group is not retrieved in Jira?

vrgl2 April 17, 2018

Scenario:

1. create user random in Crowd

2. add random to jira-users & a project group, i.e. whatever-developers in Crowd

3. synchronise the Crowd directory in Jira 

4. searching for user random and accessing it would display the whatever-developers group under Application access & group but not jira-users, with the alert:

This user has no application access and won't be able to log in until added to an application.

6. random attempts & succeeds to login in Jira

7. in user management, the alert is removed and he appears as member of jira-users

Jira version: 7.8.0.

Crowd version: 3.0.1.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Hi,

I created a test user in Crowd 3.0.1 and added it to two groups in Crowd, then synchronized the Crowd User Directory in Jira 7.8. Both the jira-users and jira-developers groups appeared under the test user's account right away after the sync, before the user logged in. So, I think what you are seeing is not the expected behavior. 

Are there any errors in the logs during the initial synchronization, indicating the user was not added to jira-users? Also, when the user logs in is there an entry saying the user was added to the group?

Please check for the random user's username in the Crowd logs located at:

• <crowd-home>/logs (check the crowd-init.properties file in crowd_install/crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/classes if you can't find the home folder)
  • <crowd-install>/apache-tomcat/logs

Also in the Jira logs:

• Jira Installation Directory/logs
  • Jira Home Directory/log
    The Jira Home Directory is defined in <Jira Install>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-application.properties

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events