You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
1. create user random in Crowd
2. add random to jira-users & a project group, i.e. whatever-developers in Crowd
3. synchronise the Crowd directory in Jira
4. searching for user random and accessing it would display the whatever-developers group under Application access & group but not jira-users, with the alert:
This user has no application access and won't be able to log in until added to an application.
6. random attempts & succeeds to login in Jira
7. in user management, the alert is removed and he appears as member of jira-users
Jira version: 7.8.0.
Crowd version: 3.0.1.
I created a test user in Crowd 3.0.1 and added it to two groups in Crowd, then synchronized the Crowd User Directory in Jira 7.8. Both the jira-users and jira-developers groups appeared under the test user's account right away after the sync, before the user logged in. So, I think what you are seeing is not the expected behavior.
Are there any errors in the logs during the initial synchronization, indicating the user was not added to jira-users? Also, when the user logs in is there an entry saying the user was added to the group?
Please check for the random user's username in the Crowd logs located at:
Also in the Jira logs: