Update Crowd 2.4.0 to 2.7.1

Hi,

after the update from 2.4.0 to 2.7.1 I get the following error messages on startup:

2014-03-13 16:00:21,542 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [engine.jdbc.internal.JdbcServicesImpl] HHH000342: Could not obtain connection to query metadata : Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Die von der Anmeldung angeforderte crowdid-Datenbank kann nicht geöffnet werden. Fehler bei der Anmeldung.)
2014-03-13 16:00:22,073 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [hibernate.tool.hbm2ddl.SchemaUpdate] HHH000319: Could not get database metadata
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Die von der Anmeldung angeforderte crowdid-Datenbank kann nicht geöffnet werden. Fehler bei der Anmeldung.)

The update I have now done five times according to instructions. Always with small changes, which unfortunately did not lead to success. Does anyone have ideas?

When I import the backup again, the connection to the database is working.

Thanks for the help,
Heiko

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Heiko,

Could you please make sure that your database driver is placed appropriately in the new version of Crowd. If it is using datasource configuration, then it should be placed in <Crowd_Install_Dir>/apache-tomcat/lib/. If you are using JDBC, then it should be under <Crowd_Install_Dir>/Crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Hi Heiko,

Could you please make sure that your database driver is placed appropriately in the new version of Crowd. If it is using datasource configuration, then it should be placed in <Crowd_Install_Dir>/apache-tomcat/lib/. If you are using JDBC, then it should be under <Crowd_Install_Dir>/Crowd-webapp/WEB-INF/lib/.

Hope it help.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Maggie Roney
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,058 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you