Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single sign on but dont want Single sign off

Patrick J Bonk August 20, 2014

What if we want single sign on but do not want single sign off. Can this be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Hi Patrick, Crowd SSO is based on a single cookie, so that all application will check that cookie and if it's valid the user will be authenticated without the need to enter the credentials twice. The sign off basically destroy this cookie, which affects all the applications, we can't change this behavior.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

I have been reading about the "remember me" box and how that will override this??

Is that true?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

The remember me option is also based on cookies (see here), so you'll have one cookie for Crowd SSO and another for the remember me. The differences are that the remember me works with one application only (not SSO) and it survives a browser restart. Crowd SSO cookie is shared among the other applications and it's invalidaded when you close the browser. The logout action will destroy both cookies by default.

If a user closes a tab but does not log out of one instance will that trigger the destruction of the cookies and close out every thing??

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2014

If the user closes the tab, but not the browser, the cookie should not be destroyed. If the user open a new tab and try to access the application, the user should be automatically logged in without the need to enter the credentials again.

Patrick J Bonk August 21, 2014

In Crowd 101 it talks about groups in LDAP and Crowd.

Where do your user defined groups for Jira and Confluence go?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your question. Could you elaborate it a bit more?

Cheers

In Crowd 101 it talks about "Add the 'confluence-users' and 'confluence-administrators' groups to your new Crowd Delegated Authentication directory".

We have user defined groups inside of Confluence that gives users permissions to see certain things or do certain things. Will those groups stay in "manage groups" in confluence admin?? Does Crowd just care about the 'confluence-users' and 'confluence-administrators' groups??

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

Hi Patrick, if I understod it right, you mean that you have more groups in Confluence than just the default ones confluence-users and confluence-administrators that you use to manage your Confluence application and you want to know if you should create in Crowd only confluence-users and confluence-administrators or the other groups as well.

If that's your question, than I can answer that you should create the other groups in Crowd as well, not just confluence-users and confluence-administrators.

Please correct me if I didn't understand it right.

Cheers

Yes that is what we have and do we have to move them to crowd for them to work?

If we leave them in Confluence will they still work? Also to move them can we use the import in Crowd for them?

If a user uses Chrome for one browser and Firefox for another will Crowd register across the browsers or see them as indepdent of each other?

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

Hi Patrick, Crowd import will bring in all Confluence users, group and group memberships, after the import, you don't need to delete anything from Confluence, you may just need to put Crowd directory in the top position at Confluence Administration > User Directories.

As for the cookies, they are used only in the browser they were generated. Cookies are not shared across different browsers.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events