Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On (SSO) does not work

Young__Hahn December 10, 2015

I am currently working on installing the servers using Load Balancer.. 

but it looks like SSO is not working if I am using the Load Balancer.. 

I have crowd application for all user authentications 

and Confluence (other applications too) use to work with SSO (without LB) 

However, after connecting to the LB (with 2 exact Confluence with same data and pointing at same DB) SSO is not working anymore.. 

When I move the LB and make my URL pointing at the server directly.. it does work fine.. 

is there a way that I can configure SSO even when I am using LB?

For more information..

I am doing this in AWS using Elastic LB.. 

two confluence servers are exactly same (from the snapshot) 

only different is URL is pointing at ELB endpoint instead of a server directly..

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2015

>However, after connecting to the LB (with 2 exact Confluence with same data and pointing at same DB) SSO is not working anymore..

Are you running both at the same time?  If you are, then stop.  You can't do that.  (The load balancing is irrelevant, you can not run two Confluence's against one database)

0 votes
Jonathan Wilson October 3, 2017

Young Hahn,

I know this is a bit old but I thought I would share my discovery with ELB with AWS.  The problem you could be running into as well is the internal IPs of ELB are dynamic.  What this means is, even if you add those IPs for the eth interfaces to the trusted proxy servers, you could still run into a problem when the ips change on the elb. 

I discovered this through an interesting issue.  I have requested from AWS to provide some sort of IP pool so I can white list those ips in the trusted proxies to provide some consistency in trust. 

Hope you figured out your issue on your side.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events