Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Confluence JIRA

Philipp Kayser April 24, 2019

Hi,

currently we're using Jira Core and Confluence Server with Active Directory Authentication and a configured Application Link between the applications.

Is there any way to get SSO working between booth applications?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2019

Hi @Philipp Kayser 

To achieve SSO between the applications you will need to setup Atlassian Crowd or install a SSO add-on on Jira and Confluence.

The application links are API calls between the applications that should not be affected by SSO. 

I work for Kantega SSO, one of the top marketplace vendors. We allow you to setup SSO through both the Kerberos and SAML 2.0 protocols. Active Directory supports Kerberos out of the box, allowing you to setup password-free authentication to your Jira / Confluence environment. Please reach out to our support team if you need guidance for setting SSO up in your environment.

Regards,
Jon Espen

Hi @Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO 

Thanks for your fast answer, do i need to buy it for each application? And can you assist while setting-up?

Best regards

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2019

Yes, you will need one licence for each of the Atlassian applications. In your case you need two licenses, -one for Jira Core and one for Confluence. You see the pricing scheme here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211923/kantega-sso-saml-kerberos-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=pricing

We are available to assist you. You can also book a video meeting where we setup the configurations together over shared screens.

-Jon Espen

Great! is there another fee necessary for the meeting?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2019

We do not charge additionally to help our customers onboard and setup our product.

You also have a look at our step-by-step guides for configuring Integrated Windows Authentication through Kerberos and SAML SSO

Regards,
Jon Espen
Kantega SSO

Philipp Kayser May 1, 2019

Hi @Jon Espen Ingvaldsen Kantega SSO

i've tried it with crowd but get still in errors...

If i use your plugin, is ADFS required from AD side, or will it work with normal AD?

Thanks in advance.

Philipp Kayser May 1, 2019

Sorry its now working fine. So we can close this issue.

0 votes
Mindaugas Gelumbauskas February 6, 2024

Is there any setting in AD side that redirects application links to AD login?

0 votes
Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2019

Hi @Philipp Kayser .

To enable the SSO in both the applications you need a Central Identity management application which will be connected to both JIRA and Confluence for Single Sign-On like the Crowd, ADFS, Azure AD, miniOrange, etc. In case, If you don't have any IDP right now, you can take a look into the miniOrange IDP available for both Cloud and Op-Premise version.

Also, right now, JIRA and Confluence do not support any SSO Protocols like SAML OAuth, etc but you can enable SSO support in both the Application using the third-party add-on i.e. JIRA SAML SSO and Confluence SAML SSO

You can reach out to miniOrange at info@miniorange.com in case if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Lokesh

Full disclosure: I work for the miniOrange. We are the Atlassian Marketplace top vendor.

0 votes

Is there another documentation available how-to correctly setup Crowd?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events