Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Running Crowd integrated apps with Crowd offline

Currently many of the Atlassian products will keep a sync of the Crowd directory locally to their application and will sync periodically with Crowd for instance this is how the User Directory is configured within Stash.

If Crowd goes down for any particular reason, should Stash continue to function properly or will it as well go into an unavailable state?

I ask because I would assume that if Stash is holding a local copy of the Crowd directory I would think it should be able to work even if Crowd was down. Though we didn't experience this ourselves. We had a Crowd outage after an upgrade was done from 2.6.5 -> 2.7.1 which resulted in a cascade of all our other systems using Crowd to become completely unresponsive.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

The cache maintained by other Atlassian products is in place for performance only; when Crowd goes down, I would expect the other applications to at least lose functionality, if not completely fail.

This is because there are some things which can't be done by the other Atlassian products when Crowd is offline (such as checking a user's password, because applications never get their user's passwords; this is a consequence of the fact that Crowd itself may not have the passwords for users in the case where it's connected to LDAP).

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events