Recover from being locked out of Crowd Admin?

Hello,

I was cleaning up my Crowd configuration and removed all previous internal directories and was planning to just leave the LDAP directories which is where all the users reside. This immediately locked me out of having admin access, even though my account is part of the crowd-administrators group.

I'm guessing my duplicate username in the internal directory was what was giving me admin access. How do I recover admin access?

4 answers

1 accepted

Hello. After working with Atlassian support, I've gotten to a way to map the leftover LDAP account to Crowd Admin. Everything is now all good and working. Thanks guys!

Hi Jerry,

Please take a look here so you can restore your admin rights: Restoring Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights

Hey Bruna. Thanks for the response!

I had found that earlier. The issue with using this guide is I haven't lost the password or just don't have an admin user. The entire internal directory is gone. The guide assumes I have either an admin that I just need to reset password to or just need to add an admin to the internal directory (which was dropped in my case).

You could do a separate fresh installation of Crowd to work out which database entries are required to give you access via the internal directory and then use that to recreate the internal directory in the db, but you're probably best off raising a support case with https://support.atlassian.comso they can step you through recreating the internal directory in the database, creating a user, etc.

I'm currently workign with support... who has just pointed me to the same "Restoring Passwords" article and told me they don't support SQL level procedures. :/.

Why allow users to remove their last internal directory if this is the result?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

259 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot