Pushing changes to crowd clients

Hello,

I have noticed that I need to synchronize the user directory manually if an user tries to authenticate but I haven't set the right groups in Crowd yet.

For example:
User authenticates in Jira, the user credentials are checked against delegated AD and user is created in Crowd. After it the user is created in Jira too, but haven't any groups. I have to set them manually.
After setting them the login isn't possible til I synchronize the directory manually.

Do I really need to decrease the synchronization intervall or is there another possibility?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, decreasing the synchronization interval is the current recommended workaround.

This situation is covered by CWD-2650, so please vote on that if you'd like this to improve.

Edit: when I say "this situation", I mean the situation of a user not being able to login straight away.

It is really bad to see that the issue isn't in progress since 2011.
In some applications like Crucible it is only possible to set the time intervall in hours.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,448 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you