Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post DB restoration unable to login jira application

Peruma Chinnasamy April 16, 2022

Error Message : "Sorry, your username and password incorrect - please try again"

Log :-

2022-04-14 12:23:24,348 http-nio-8081-exec-15 INFO [plugin.rest.filter.BasicApplicationAuthenticationFilter] Invalid authentication for application with name 'jira'

Help me to fix this issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Roman Kovalov May 9, 2022

Hey, Peruma Chinnasamy!

Can you add more information to your question please? How I can reproduce this issue from my side? What steps should I do? Do you have enabled SSO?

From my side, I can advice you:

1) Make sure your users from directory are members of group, that exists in application and have all permission to authenticate 

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 16.16.11.png

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 16.13.48.png 

2) Check that in crowd in application settings you assigned the right groups that can authenticate, or to try to enable authentication to all groups from directory (just to make sure that it works)

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 15.52.15.png

3) In your application in User Directories page, make sure, that Atlassian Crowd is enabled and it have the right directory order 

Screenshot 2022-05-09 at 16.11.50.png

To read more about directory order, I can give you few useful links: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf716/configuring-user-directories-1108682916.htmlhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/conf716/managing-multiple-directories-1108682926.html

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The error you have found suggests your Jira is trying to connect to some other system (your user directory system maybe?) and the credentials Jira has for the connection are wrong.

The unable to log in will have thrown a different error, probably caused by the inability for Jira to use your external user directory to check your login credentials.

You'll need to read more of the log, and correct the credentials being used to connect to the other system.

Peruma Chinnasamy April 17, 2022

User name and password are correct this issue is not only for me all the application user's are getting same error.

While we login crowd after that we try to connect jira It will working fine

But Directly we try to connect jira at the time we get this error message

I also verified crowd.property , server.xml and seraph-config.xml files

every thing is fine.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2022

That does not tell us anything more about the problem, we can't help you unless you can read more of the log and fix the connection by giving it the right credentials.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events