Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP authentication configuration error in CROWD

meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

The LDAP's directory configuration tab throws the following error when tried 'Test Search'.

"No results were found from your search. org.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 00000000: LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece�]; ....... '

I am creating a delegated authentication directory. When I test the connection on the 'Connector' page I am getting the following message

"The server address and port are valid. Please verify your DN settings through the Configuration panel by performing a group, role, or user search." but on the 'Configuration' tab getting the above error.

According to the doc http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Configuring+a+Delegated+Authentication+Directory#ConfiguringaDelegatedAuthenticationDirectory-next

"Delegated Authentication directories do not allow you to browse the LDAP data. The directory delegates user authentication to LDAP, but to be able to list users and groups, you will need to add them to the directory. See more details in the Next Steps section of this page."

The error I am getting is that due to delegated authentication directories not allowing to browse data?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
meena radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2012

I got it working now. It was due to "When creating the LDAP Connector, the administrator clicked the Test Connection Button before saving the Connector."

I am able to test the search successfully though I am not able to lookup an user in this directory. Is this a limitation on the 'Delegated Directory' part?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events