How do I give Admin Rights to an AD User in Crowd?

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

I have a Crowd instance that has an Active Directory and an OpenLDAP server configured as Directories. I always have to log in with the crowd internal root user for administrative tasks and I want to delegate this access to the admin accounts of my admin users.

These admin accounts already have the necessary in JIRA, Confluence etc. but I can't find a way to give them admin access in Crowd.

I already tried to create a group named "crowd-administrators" in AD, just like in the internal directory, but my admin user still doesn't have admin rights in crowd.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Creating such a group in AD was actually the right thing to do. Please also make sure that this AD group belongs to the list of authorised groups for this application (crowd) in Crowd's console and that the "System administrator" and "admin" boxes are checked.

GroupsTab.pngDirectoriesTab.png

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2016

Thanks, that did the trick. I searched everywhere in Crowd except in the application.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events