How do I get Crowd to use User logon name NOT pre-Windows 2000 User logon name?

Hi,

I have a directory setup with the AD connector. How do I get Crowd to use the "User logon name" from Active Directory and NOT the "User logon name (pre-Windows 2000)" for authenticaton of users?

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Thanks for your reply Tiago. It turned out I had done something stupid. I had set the User Name Attribute to something that wasn't present in all the objects I was returning. Once I adjusted the User Object Filter it worked.

Hi David,

You can change the field User Name Attribute of you directory configuration in crowd a different LDAP attribute if you want. By default it uses sAMAccountName, but you can use an LDAP browser to see which attrite has the correct username you want.

Chers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,512 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you