Exception - Upgrade from crowd-2.6.2 to crowd-2.8.0

Hi,

I have just upgraded our Atlassian Crowd  from versio 2.6.2 to 2.8.0. I chose this method of upgrade https://goo.gl/i1FJHV and I can login to my account, however, I see this error in the log:

2015-12-21 11:31:00,358 http-bio-8095-exec-11 ERROR [crowd.manager.authentication.TokenAuthenticationManagerImpl] Operation to update last active for user 'rhaeri' failed
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationNotSupportedException: Custom user attributes are not yet supported for LDAP directories
        at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.storeUserAttributes(SpringLDAPConnector.java:731)
        at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectoryManagerGeneric.storeUserAttributes(DirectoryManagerGeneric.java:408)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor298.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:260)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:94)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy39.storeUserAttributes(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor298.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:198)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy40.storeUserAttributes(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric.storeUserAttributes(ApplicationServiceGeneric.java:763)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor226.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:260)
        at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:94)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy42.storeUserAttributes(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor226.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:198)
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy43.storeUserAttributes(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.application.AbstractDelegatingApplicationService.storeUserAttributes(AbstractDelegatingApplicationService.java:157)

The stack trace is longer but I thought these lines might be enough to identify the possible problem.

Our crowd server is installed on a Debian machine using the Open LDAP (https://goo.gl/WE4L9O) version 2.4.31-2+deb7u1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 answers

+1

I have the same lines in log, even everything is working normally

Hi Sergiu,

I finally resolved the problem but I there were many tweaking and testings. If I remember well, one of the fixes was modifying our apache config for crowd. I have to admit the documentation for upgrade needs a little more massage! Good luck.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,218 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you