Deactivate users not logged in for the last year

I like to run a query that deactivates users that have not logged in in any of the connected applications after n-months. Could someone assist with creating a query that does this (I am useless with SQL)?

I am currently using the following query to list all the users and show the last logged in date:

SELECT cwd_user.user_name, from_unixtime(cwd_user_attribute.attribute_value/1000) FROM cwd_user, cwd_user_attribute WHERE cwd_user_attribute.user_id = cwd_user.id AND cwd_user_attribute.attribute_name = 'lastAuthenticated'

Retrieved from here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWDKB/List+the+Last+Login+Date+for+all+Users+in+Crowd

1 answer

1 accepted

Using the SQL queries below you can search for inactive users based on last login date (first query) and set them as inactive (2nd query)

Locate inactive users based on EPOCH value (so first find out the EPOCH value of a specific date and append three zeros as the DB stores the values as ms

select * from cwd_user where active = 'T' and id in (select user_id from cwd_user_attribute where cwd_user_attribute.attribute_name = 'lastAuthenticated' AND cwd_user_attribute.attribute_value < 1420066800000);

Deactivate these users:

update cwd_user set active = 'F' where active = 'T' and id in (select user_id from cwd_user_attribute where cwd_user_attribute.attribute_name = 'lastAuthenticated' AND cwd_user_attribute.attribute_value < 1420066800000);

Notes:

• EPOCH calculator: link (do not forget to append three zeros)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,202 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you