Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd documentation not compliant with RFC6265

SMillerNL April 25, 2018

I've set up SSO according to the documentation with a top level domain (using domain.com for the example). However, this is not according to RFC6265 which Crowds tomcat appears to use internally. Giving me the following error:

2018-04-25 13:21:28,532 http-nio-8095-exec-6 ERROR [crowd.integration.springsecurity.AbstractCrowdSSOAuthenticationProcessingFilter] Unable to set Crowd SSO token
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An invalid domain [.domain.com] was specified for this cookie

Is there any documentation on how to resolve this?

1 answer

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2018

Hi @SMillerNL

You just need to remove the leading "." character from the SSO domain value in the General Options of your Crowd server. For instance domain.com instead of .domain.com

Alternatively you can override the cookie.domain property in the crowd.properties file of your application.

SMillerNL April 26, 2018

Will try that, thanks. Is there any way to ask Atlassian to change the documentation to reflect that?

SMillerNL April 26, 2018

Also, I'm using crowd 3.2 so the properties file won't help me unfortunately.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2018

You're right. I should have been more specific. Overriding the cookie.domain property in the crowd.properties file is actually an option for applications connecting to Crowd (including Crowd itself if version is < 3.0).

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2018

BTW if you can't login to remove the leading "." character from the SSO domain value through Crowd's console, you can reset it directly in the database: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/resetting-the-domain-cookie-value-97911346.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events