Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd Breaks on Boot when Other Apps are Installed

Robert Kennedy April 17, 2014

I currently have a Red Hat 64-bit server that I want to use for Atlassian products. I have installed Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible, Stash, and Crowd all on the same server. I have also created services to run each of these apps which run as non-privileged users.

If I install just Crowd and create a service for it, the application works flawlessly even after a reboot. If I install all of the applications (including Crowd), each with their own services, Crowd breaks after a reboot. To be more specific, when the server boots, Crowd results in a 404 apache-tomcat error. If I disable all of the services except Crowd and reboot, http://myserver:8095/crowdsuccessfully shows the login screen. It never progresses past this point though. I try to login with the local administator account, and it simply sits there...spinning. After this, Crowd is never the same and only a complete remove/re-install fixes the issue. That is, until you enable all of the services and Crowd breaks again.

Is there a limitation on how many Atlassian applications/services you can have on a system? Should Crowd be installed on a separate server? Or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

What happens if you start the applications using their built-in script file (bin/start-jira.sh, bin/start-confluence.sh, start_crowd.sh, etc)?

Also, each application use two ports, one is the port that you'll use to access the application in your browser (8095 by default for Crowd) and the other port is the control port that is used to shutdown the application. Both ports are defined into the server.xml file of each application.

Those ports need to be exclusive, you can repet the port number or the applications won't start. You may want to check that.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events