Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding customers to Jira

Michael Abbe April 27, 2018

I created a directory in crowd that pulls in all of our AD user accounts and any groups named jira-*. I added the jira-customers group the Service Desk Customers role in Jira. However, I still can not login to the portal with these customer accounts. I have seen "Service Desk Customer - Portal" referenced in the documentation, but I can't seem to find where to add customers to it. 

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2018

Hi @Michael Abbe

It may be a silly question but did you allow any group to authenticate in the 'Directories & groups' tab of your Jira application in Crowd's console?

Michael Abbe April 28, 2018

@Bruno Vincent, That's what it was! I had my other Jira groups added, but did not go back and add jira-customers. Thanks so much.

0 votes
KellyW
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2018

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify, you have added the Crowd directory to JIRA as user directory. Users are synchronised into JIRA (users can be searched from JIRA Administration >> User management >> Users), grouped under local group named 'jira-customer' and this group is added to the JSD project role 'SERVICE DESK CUSTOMERS'.

If so, what's the error logged in to the logs corresponding to the login failure.

Regards,
Kelly

Michael Abbe April 28, 2018

Yes, the crowd directory has been added to JIRA and the users show up in the users list, are in a group named 'jira-customers' and it is added to the JSD project role 'service desk customers' in my test project.

catalina log "28-Apr-2018 09:38:14.348 WARNING [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-13] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI https://jiraservername/rest/servicedesk/1/customer/pages/user/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events