It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Adding customers to Jira

I created a directory in crowd that pulls in all of our AD user accounts and any groups named jira-*. I added the jira-customers group the Service Desk Customers role in Jira. However, I still can not login to the portal with these customer accounts. I have seen "Service Desk Customer - Portal" referenced in the documentation, but I can't seem to find where to add customers to it. 

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent Community Leader Apr 28, 2018

Hi @Michael Abbe

It may be a silly question but did you allow any group to authenticate in the 'Directories & groups' tab of your Jira application in Crowd's console?

@Bruno Vincent, That's what it was! I had my other Jira groups added, but did not go back and add jira-customers. Thanks so much.

0 votes
Kelly Wong Atlassian Team Apr 28, 2018

Hi Michael,

Just to clarify, you have added the Crowd directory to JIRA as user directory. Users are synchronised into JIRA (users can be searched from JIRA Administration >> User management >> Users), grouped under local group named 'jira-customer' and this group is added to the JSD project role 'SERVICE DESK CUSTOMERS'.

If so, what's the error logged in to the logs corresponding to the login failure.

Regards,
Kelly

Yes, the crowd directory has been added to JIRA and the users show up in the users list, are in a group named 'jira-customers' and it is added to the JSD project role 'service desk customers' in my test project.

catalina log "28-Apr-2018 09:38:14.348 WARNING [https-jsse-nio-443-exec-13] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI https://jiraservername/rest/servicedesk/1/customer/pages/user/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected."

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

63 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you