Reset the commit in stash if Jenkins build fail.

I am using stash add-on 'Stash Webhook to Jenkins' to trigger Jenkins build when developer push his code to feature branch.

I want to reset to the previous commit if Jenkins build fail and if build succeed then only push should take place. Is there any add-on available for this or any other way?

Your opinion and help on this will really be appreciated.

1 answer

Hi Shital,

I wouldn't recommend doing this, as rewriting (or resetting) history on a public branch can cause all sorts of problems because other developers may have pulled the offending commit and started creating new commits on top of it.

Instead of rewriting history, I'd recommend preventing feature branches from being merged by enforcing successful builds for Pull Requests via the Pull Request settings page. If you turn this setting on, developers will have to get a successful build by commiting working code on top of their broken branch, rather than rewriting its history.

cheers,

Tim

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Ignacio Pulgar
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favorite quote?

Hi all! You've probably heard a lot of famous quotes: smart, hilarious, inspiring ones... Maybe some of them kind-of related to an Atlassian product? I really love those pieces of wisdom concentrat...

115 views 14 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot