It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Reset the commit in stash if Jenkins build fail.

Shital Kore Aug 05, 2014

I am using stash add-on 'Stash Webhook to Jenkins' to trigger Jenkins build when developer push his code to feature branch.

I want to reset to the previous commit if Jenkins build fail and if build succeed then only push should take place. Is there any add-on available for this or any other way?

Your opinion and help on this will really be appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Tim Pettersen Aug 11, 2014

Hi Shital,

I wouldn't recommend doing this, as rewriting (or resetting) history on a public branch can cause all sorts of problems because other developers may have pulled the offending commit and started creating new commits on top of it.

Instead of rewriting history, I'd recommend preventing feature branches from being merged by enforcing successful builds for Pull Requests via the Pull Request settings page. If you turn this setting on, developers will have to get a successful build by commiting working code on top of their broken branch, rather than rewriting its history.

cheers,

Tim

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Off-topic

What podcasts are you listening to right now?

Like the title says: what podcasts are in your rotation right now? Here are some favorites I've been in to from the last few weeks. The Ringer NBA Show I've been diving deep into the NBA Playoffs...

1,187 views 21 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you