when we share a blog post, can we customize the email? (adding html or images) Thank you!

Valeria Rossi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2018

- create a blog post

- share -> emails/user 

Can we modify the email and change the design? 

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2018

Hello Valeria and welcome to the Community!

Using Confluence blog posts can make for great delivery of content. Using the email feature to send out the blog posts extends this delivery even more. There are options to customize your email templates within Confluence.

As @Ollie Guan pointed out, there are marketplace place add-on which would allow for simpler supported options to use. We would encourage you to review the Atlassian Marketplace and available add-ons for customizing email template.

If you did want to consider customizing your own email template, then you can find further information at Customizing Email Templates.

Customizing the Confluence email templates is not supported. If you do decide to edit the templates we strongly recommend you use a test instance of Confluence.

Any customizations you make to the Confluence email notification templates will need to be reapplied after upgrading Confluence.

I hope this clarifies your options for customizing your email templates within Confluence.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2018

Hi @Valeria Rossi,

for Confluence Cloud or Server?

If it's Confluence Server, here's a free plugin that can help you.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217983/e-mail-this-page?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events