when viewing JIRA issues and versions in the team calendar, can I show duration of a version or just due date

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2012

This question refers to the latest version of Team Calendars.

I'm looking at using Team Calendars in Confluence to show issues and versions from JIRA to show a timeline of work that needs to be completed. I want to publish this as part of our status updates to stakeholders so they have visibility into work that is going into a specific release or milestone.

I want to be able to show the duration of a particular milestone for which I'm using JIRA/GH Fix versions. So if iteration 1203 runs from Jan 13-Jan 26th, I'd like the Team calendar to reflect this using the start and end dates from GreenHopper.

From what I can tell Team Calendar only displays JIRA issues and versions based on due date, not on the duration. I suppose it could be useful for a ticket as well if the work is complex and you want to show this on the calendar.

I know it's possible to do this manually by adding in an event calendar, but it would be nice :) if I could leverage data from JIRA to do the same thing.

I'll add a screenshot later to show what I mean as that might help.

Thanks,

Adam

2 answers

1 vote
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2012

Got a response back from Atlassian Support on this if anyone else is wondering. The short answer is no. We are working around this by using an Events Calendar to publish duration of a milestone or other event where we want to show how related releases/events/etc. overlap and how they might impact one another.

I think I'm going to file a feature request for this as I've worked with clients in the past that wanted something like this to help manage their release calendar. They wanted to show development releases and milestones, but also Corporate Events so that they could time their releases appropriately and not cause disruption to th business by releasing a ton of new code during the busiest time of year for the business.

Anyhow. something to think about. I'll post a feature request shortly.

0 votes
Scott Spyrison April 27, 2013

12 months later and I found myself asking the same question. Team Calendars seems to do this nicely for Greenhopper Sprints, but not for versions. Greenhopper adds a start date to versions, but the calendar only displays the end date.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events