website not loading after upgrade from 4.3 to 5.7

Emanuel Landsman February 19, 2015

Upgrade ran fine with no problem, but website no longer loads after upgrade.

4 answers

0 votes
Emanuel Landsman February 20, 2015

Found the problem, install ate the remaining space on Drive had to clean up and expand partition. Everything works!

Thanks all!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2015

oh dear

0 votes
Emanuel Landsman February 20, 2015

WAs installed via Windows Installer on a Confluence that had no content.

Looks like it reverted back to port 8090.

But webpage definitely not looking right, see below:

image2015-2-20 9:54:3.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2015

Yeah, you're definitely missing a lot of the function - the css has vanished, as has the templates. I'm afraid you really do need to consult the log, we really can't tell you anything without a look at that. It should be rammed with errors as Confluence starts up.

0 votes
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2015

Hey Emanuel,

Since we do not have the logs yet, may I also ask you to describe how you've done this upgrade? Was it using the wizard or was it manual? I'm asking it since you could be running in this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34584

If that's not the case, we'll need to check your logs and understand better what is happening when you try to access the page.

I hope it helps! smile

Eduardo

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2015

What does the log say is going wrong?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

As Nic has pointed out the log is the key... look for atlassian.log or something like catalina.out to get the clue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2015

Right, those look like Tomcat and Confluence are unable to read/write the file system in the rigtht places. Check the ownership and rights on ALL the directories you've set Conflluence to use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events