user forums plugin on confluence 4.0

tobias leenaert January 9, 2012

The adaptavist community bubbles plugin, which includes some handy plugins for confluence user forums, still hasn't been updated for confluence 4.0, so for now i don't have that forum functionality (my users were used to it). does anybody know of a good alternative? (i checked with adaptavist and they can't give a due date)

thank you

tobias

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

Not that I know of. Adaptist community bubbles was the only plugin that has forum functionality that we were looking for when I looked around for a client.

tobias leenaert January 24, 2012

thank you danielle.

very strange, i would think a forum functionality would be so basic and obvious that it would be native to confluence

1 vote
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2012

The other option is to integrate a forums product into Confluence - with similar theming, perhaps.

Here's a list of Java-based forums - jforums is very feature rich.

http://blog.dreamcss.com/dev-tools/java-based-forum-software/

Contact us if interested in having AppFusions make this happen for you.

Ellen

info@appfusions.com

tobias leenaert February 14, 2012

thanks for the offer ellen. apparently it was released today, so i'm set :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events