unknown attachment after deleting an attachment from a page.

Kaz May 22, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to delete attachments on a page using the below APIs and get unknown attachment after deletion even after deleting content from trash. I get the same thing when i delete the attachment and from trash manually in the U.I

Any help would be appreciated in removing the "unknown attahment"

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 12.04.01 PM.png

API to delete attachment: 

curl -H 'X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck' -H "Authorization: XYZ" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'Accept: application/json' -X DELETE $confluence-uri/rest/api/content/$attachmentID?status=current

API to delete from trash:

curl -H 'X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck' -H "Authorization: Bearer XYZ" -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -H 'Accept: application/json' -X DELETE $confluence-uri/rest/api/content/$attachmentID?status=trashed

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

You're deleting the actual file, not the reference of it within the page. Is that where you see the "unknown attachment" placeholder? 

If so, you need to also update the page content to remove the reference to the file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events