undo blog

Jimmy Whelan April 26, 2022

Hello,

I am writing a manual in Confluence. I was checking out how to convert it to a Blog, I converted in error but now I cannot put it back into the area/page in the Project area I was working with it.

Thanks Jimmy

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Whelan welcome to the Atlassian community.

I believe you have selected the correct space where the blog should reside. May we request the error message or the screenshot to assist you better?

I had the User Manual in the User Documentation section but when I created the Blog the manual was moved out from there. I expected that if the Blog was created the original manuscript of the Manual would remain where I created it, that is in the User Documentation section/page.

Jimmy

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Whelan thank you for the reply and details. When ever we try to convert to a blog, confluence gives a heads up: " Take this content and publish it as a new blog post. All comments and likes will be carried over to the new blog. If you don’t want those comments to carry over, delete them before converting". To my knowledge on this bit, once we convert to a blog, the original residency of the article will be permanently moved to new location.

@G subramanyam  thanks for your update.  I had planned to move the manual to Google Docs or MS Word (not users of the manual have Confluence).

This is not possible now from your reply. Would you have any recommendations?

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Whelan my reply is from my exploration and sorry to hear that didn't answered your query. My options would be to check with your:

1) In-house confluence admin OR

2) Raise an Atlassian support ticket OR

3) Let's hear from other active members if they have any work around or options they have explored.

Have a great day ahead and I will watch this thread to read an accepted answer from other members.

bruce_white May 13, 2022

@Jimmy Whelan I am running into the same issue. Were you successful in finding a way to convert the blog back into a regular page? Anyone?

Lisa Ramsey October 5, 2022

I have the same issue - converted a Page to a Blog post for experimentation, but my children pages are now stranded and I would like to convert it back to a Page.

Like ruben beaujolais likes this
Srikanth Ganipisetty November 6, 2022

Same known issue @G subramanyam @Atlassian needs to find a fix. 

Thanks,

Srikanth Ganipisetty

Juan Leon August 8, 2023

Same 'surprise'!

I converted a page to a Blog post to check out the functionality--only to discover that the procedure was destructive: the original page was no longer accessible, and there appears to be no straightforward way to get it back.

Lots of work lost.  :-(

0 votes
acook November 30, 2023

I ran into this same issue today.  It is worth noting, that while there is no 'undo'.  I was able to successfully copy my work from the blog in edit mode, back to a new page in edit mode.  This is obviously not ideal, and did take several clicks.  However, it is much better than starting from scratch on what was already completed.  

Hopefully someone will find this helpful.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events