Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create application link from cloud JIRA to on-prem Confluence

narendra.sawant March 23, 2021

Need your help to resolve issue i am facing while creating application link from cloud JIRA to on-prem Confluence.

for my confluence instance have 2 url one is to access from internal network and other is to access from external world.

ERROR -

Invalid OAuth signature

We couldn't connect to HI Confluence, possibly because that instance is behind a misconfigured proxy.

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 1.22.08 PM.png

could someone provide me any guidance as how to resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

My initial guess is that this is the problem:

>for my confluence instance have 2 url

I suspect you've got your proxy config mostly correct for the external site, but then it's going wrong because your Confluence base url is set to the internal one.  You will need your Confluence, Oauth, the proxy and the rest all to be set to run on the external url.  (And then you might as well forget the internal one, apart from a placeholder page that redirects old bookmarks to the actual Confluence site)

narendra.sawant March 23, 2021

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the response, YES my base url is set to internal URL, I tried changing base url to external url it works however it breaks the other application link to my ON-Prem JIRA,STASH etc..

Looking for option if i can keep Both url so it won't break anything.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2021

Confluence can only run on a single URL.

You will need to choose one and use it consistently.

Mary Mark January 13, 2023

Thanks for the information

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events