trackbackRdf Code showing up on pages

Deleted user January 29, 2020

After a recent upgrade to 7.2.1, it was reported to me by one of our staff that the following is appearing at the bottom of the page:

#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page))

My research came up with:

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user January 30, 2020

Okay, for the next wayward traveller who stumbles upon this post:

Open the Confluence site with a user account that will have permissions to access Space Tools (you're on your own here to ascertain permissions).

Navigate to the Space you need to fix (which I think is the part I wasn't seeing in my research)

In the lower left hand corner open "Space Tools -> Look and Feel"

2020-01-30_11-26-57.jpg

Go to the Layout tab and if, like in my case, there is a an Edit option for the Page Layout:

2020-01-30_11-24-16.jpg

make a quick backup (copy to notepad or something) remove the line that begins with:

#trackbackRdf

...from it and save.

2020-01-30_11-34-23.jpg

This is how I fixed it for our space. Good luck.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2020

Um, you do know that was the answer from the answers in the links you originally gave?

Deleted user February 13, 2020

Consider this clarification.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

If you want to use the new user macro solution, it's admin -> create user macro -> give it a name and type, and literally have it do nothing in the result.

That helps if you've used the macro in pages rather than in the layout like the other two questioners had.

Hello Nic,

Confluence admin is a pretty small part of my responsibilities, so forgive me for not knowing what may seem obvious...

I created a macro (with no experience of knowledge of what they are for) but am still seeing the text on our site. There isn't a field called "result".

Here is a screen shot. Is there something I did incorrectly?

2020-01-30_9-31-22.jpg

Thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 30, 2020

I understand, I usually don't know how experienced someone might be so I try to write guides in simple English rather than Atlassian-speak.

In the screen you are in, where I've said "result" is (sort of) the "Template" field.  That contains the words you want to come out of a macro, but also the result of any code you've put in there.  The code is done in "velocity" and the result is generated when the template is rendered.

You can do stuff like

What time is it?#if ( $today == "Friday" )#then  Yay for beer#endD'oh!

and get

What time is it? D'oh!

except on Fridays when you'll see

What time is it? Yay for beer D'oh!

Anyway, the goal here is to return absolutely nothing.  You do need a template, but I think what you've got already is almost there.  I'd expect it (bear in mind I'm rusty on this) to now show # where the macro is used, instead of an error.  If that is the case, I'd change it to "## something", as that's a velocity comment, so nothing will render

Hello Nic,

There has been no changes at all. It was still the original:

#trackbackRdf ($trackbackUtils.getContentIdentifier($page) $page.title $trackbackUtils.getPingUrl($page)) 

that was on the page. Regardless of the Template field containing

#
##

or 

## something

Absolutely no change.

Should there be somewhere in the system where I can remove references to this macro instead of introducing a hack like this?

Do I need to restart? That's hard to do with a production system (and would seem like a silly thing to have to do) but thought I should ask.

Actually, answered my own question. It was in the Page Layout for the Confluence Space.

Nicolas Casel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2021

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  ,

Thanks for the suggestion of creating a new "empty" user macro, but it does not work (the 'trackback' line is still visible). My user macro is set this way:

Macro Name: trackbackrdf

Macro Title: trackbackrdf

Macro Body Processing: Escaped / Unrendered / Rendered (3 have been tried)

Template:

## Macro title: My Macro
## Macro has a body: Y or N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: My Name
## Date created: dd/mm/yyyy
## Installed by: My Name

<br />

I have a doubt about the name actually, is "trackbackrdf" the Confluence (native) macro name? Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events