supported databases and drivers

Computing Services January 15, 2018

Hi, we are currently on 5.6.6 and are planning to upgrade Confluence server to 6.6 We are also running a 12.1.0.2 Oracle database.

While reading the upgrade notes I noticed that the recommended driver is the 12.2.0.x driver while under supported platforms for 6.6, the database is Oracle 12c release 1. (12.1.0.x) 

Can I confirm that this is correct? or is Oracle 12c release 2 actually compatible with Confluence server 6.6?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Yes. I have used that setup before and it works.

Computing Services January 16, 2018

Thanks for the reply Timothy, We wanted to start using Oracle database 12.2 so just to confirm - Confluence server 6.6 definitely does not support Oracle 12c release 2?

Thanks again

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

Confluence server 6.6 definitely does not support Oracle 12c release 2?

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm that as I have not tested myself. You'll have to give it a go yourself.

Computing Services January 22, 2018

Thanks for the response. I dont think i'm going to just wing it at the moment. Will install oracle 12 release 1. 

Thanks again for your time

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events