remove page watches for a single user

Victor Prasad February 11, 2016

Hello,

We have a power user that moved pages from one space to another, and has now become a watcher for all the pages that were moved.  Is there any way to unwatch all these pages, or can it only be done manually?  Can ad admin help? 

Thanks,

V

2 answers

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2016

Hi Victor,

A while ago I wrote a user macro to help with the very situation you describe:

https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/39c3a025dacc6b45abc0105f0b7a21a7375690b4/bulk%20remove%20watchers/remove%20watches%20for%20user.vm?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default

If you embed this macro in a page (make sure it is set to only show to administrators when it is originally set up), it will allow admins to remove watches for other users (page watches are sorted by space) or allow a user to remove their own watches.

1 vote
TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2016

Victor,

To prevent this for future pages the power user may move, go to Profile>Settings>Email and uncheck 'Autowatch'. 

For those already moved, I am unaware of a way to do a 'mass unwatch'.  I think it may need to be done manually by unchecking the watching of individual pages (Watch icon>uncheck 'Watch page'), but will watch your question to see if others have a solution for that.

Cheers,

T

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events