"error loading the extension!" when creating new TOC table of contents

DavidB May 7, 2020

I am trying to create my first table of contents but get the message "error loading the extension!".

image.pngWhen I click to edit the macro, it shows a correct preview (which I have blurred here):

image.png

Postscript When I published the page, the TOC showed normally.

Any ideas please?

6 answers

4 votes
Michael Silva May 8, 2020

It is also happening to me! :/

michael hills May 8, 2020

dido!

Clif Bromley May 8, 2020

Same here.

In addition, the TOC is not displayed in the page preview mode. However, it is properly rendered once the page is published.

Edit mode:

Edit_-_Confluence.png

Preview mode:

Preview_-_Confluence.png

After publishing:

Published_-_Confluence.png

Like bluebear119 likes this
Andrew Saxsma May 8, 2020

Me too.

Chandra Danam May 8, 2020

Me too

Ben Sullivan May 8, 2020

also happening to me

bluebear119 May 9, 2020

same happen to me ~ any one know how to solve this ?

Like # people like this
2 votes
Andrew Saxsma May 12, 2020

Support person is looking into it.

Andrew Saxsma May 13, 2020

No new news yet.  Will keep everybody updated.

Andrew Saxsma May 13, 2020

Hi All, heard back from support.  This issue is linked to a known issue that is being worked.  No ETA, but here is the issue tracking the problem:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69948?error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=6e31d5bf-a4a9-4810-9177-b108bb9a8872

Like # people like this
1 vote
Mary Skalicky May 9, 2020

This was happening to me, too.  I was able to get a working toc by adding a "Table of Content Zone" to my document and then moving all of my content into that zone.

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.26.12 AM.png

DavidB May 10, 2020

It worked for me without adding the "Table of Content Zone".

My issue is just that when I insert the Table of Contents, Confluence displays the message "error loading the extension!". As the TOC works properly after I publish the page, the issue is just the spurious and misleading error message. In the scheme of things, not a major issue, but confusing.

Like # people like this
Caitlyn Wales May 11, 2020

Sadly this issue is happening to me to and I don't see the ToC load when I publish the page...

Like Kelly Jobe likes this
Andrew Saxsma May 12, 2020

ToC is at least publishing correctly.  I've not heard anything from the Atlassian support ticket yet.

plademan May 12, 2020

The Toc macro displays "error loading the extension!" and does not publish correctly.

katherine May 13, 2020

I have the SAME EXACT ERROR MESSAGE when trying to create TOC. This used to be so easy! Please help. 

Alison Bartos May 13, 2020

Same issue!

Shlomo Ablov May 13, 2020

same issue here :(

John Uittenbogaart May 14, 2020

Same issue here too

Kelly Jobe May 14, 2020

The Toc macro displays "error loading the extension!" and does not appear when the page is published. 

0 votes
wolf August 2, 2021

Disabling the "Legacy Editor Blueprint" in the space settings resolved this issue for me.

So essentially, we have to choose between a proper wiki editor, that encourages linking, or the ability to use page advanced macros. Thanks, Atlassian! SMH.

0 votes
Riccardo Locci May 19, 2020

Same here! But I only see the error message, publishing the page shows the table

0 votes
Paddy Doran May 14, 2020

me too! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events