"Drop here" Text on all pages

elena_rankova August 18, 2020

Since around Feb.2020 a "Drop here" Text started appearing on all our confluence pages. 

1. When you create a new page everything is good.
2. When you create a new field in that page, a "Drop here" text appears, under the created field.
3. When you create a new field, another "Drop here" text appears 
4. When you delete the "Drop here" text, all content/fields you created on the page disappear. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 15.28.50.png

Thanks for your help in advance!

Best wishes,
Elena

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2020

How are you creating these "fields" in the page?

elena_rankova August 19, 2020

Hello, thanks for your quick response. I create the field through the page layout Button:

Artboard.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2020

Ok, thanks, that's the "add new section".  I can't see any reason why it would be adding extraneous text, unless you've got a bug or a very strange tweak to your Confluence that is adding it

Can you tell us what version of Confluence this is (from the ? menu top right) and maybe ask your admins what customisations they may have made?

Like elena_rankova likes this
elena_rankova August 19, 2020

Thanks, my Version is 7.6.1

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 18.50.17.png

elena_rankova August 25, 2020

The problem turned out to be connected to a chrome extension - Weava Highlighter. When I removed the extension, the problem disappeared.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events