problem when create a applink between cofluence and jira

the error is :This application has the same ID as myself. Can't create link to myself.

how can i resolve it?

thanks.

3 answers

0 vote

What urls are you feeding into the systems?  The unique IDs the systems use should be totally different, the only way I can think of getting the same one is to clone a service from one place to another, but you'd have to be trying to link JIRA to a clone of itself, not a Confluence.

Hi Nic.

Thank you,I wanted to create a applink between JIRA and confluence ,and I used the Domain name of application ,such as A.company.com, B.company.com, and I am sure they are different.

I'm posting because I did not see anyone post the solution anywhere.

I suspect this issue occurs when you have Confluence and JIRA hosted on the same server but have configured them with two different FQDNs.

The fix is to configure the link while logged in Locally to the server.

I had to use the FQDN for friendly URL and the localhost:8090 for applicaiton URL then it connected without issues.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

377 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you