problem when create a applink between cofluence and jira

jeff gao March 24, 2016

the error is :This application has the same ID as myself. Can't create link to myself.

how can i resolve it?

thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Risolv IT Solutions
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2017

I'm posting because I did not see anyone post the solution anywhere.

I suspect this issue occurs when you have Confluence and JIRA hosted on the same server but have configured them with two different FQDNs.

The fix is to configure the link while logged in Locally to the server.

I had to use the FQDN for friendly URL and the localhost:8090 for applicaiton URL then it connected without issues.

0 votes
jeff gao April 7, 2016

Hi Nic.

Thank you,I wanted to create a applink between JIRA and confluence ,and I used the Domain name of application ,such as A.company.com, B.company.com, and I am sure they are different.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2016

What urls are you feeding into the systems?  The unique IDs the systems use should be totally different, the only way I can think of getting the same one is to clone a service from one place to another, but you'd have to be trying to link JIRA to a clone of itself, not a Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events