postgresql data transfer

Hsu Yao Chang September 16, 2015

Dear all, 

If we install a new postgresql server, how can we transfer our original confluence data to the new postgresql server? (We setup application and database server, application is new confluence, database is empty one. We want to try transfer our original postgresql to our new postgresql server) 

Thank you.

3 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2015

Hi Hsu,

I usually use this command to export the database from a postgres and import into another postgres:

pg_dump -h database_host_name -p database_port -U database_user database_schema > c:\file_name.dmp
psql -h database_host_name -p database_port -U database_user database_schema < c:\file_name.dmp

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2015

Hello Hsu,

If you are already using Postgres on the current Confluence installation, then all you need to do is to export to a .sql file the current database and import this .sql file into the new PostgreSQL server.

Then, once you've done this you can edit the confluence.cfg.xml file, located under your Confluence data/home directory, to change the connection details with your database and point it to the new one.

However, in case you are migrating from a database that is not a postgres to a postgres database, please have a look at this guide: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-to-another-database-148867.html

I hope it helps, let me know if you have any questions. smile

Eduardo

Dear Eduardo, Thank you for your reply. But we must make sure how can we export .sql file ? Is there any information about it ? Thank you.

0 votes

Dear Rodrigo, 

I tried the command as listed as below

psql2.jpg

But there is something wrong about it , how can we solve it ? Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events