It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

page-form created via confluence; still shows “step 2: fill in template variables" how do I get rid of that?

Stefanee Bakke Feb 23, 2015

3 answers

1 vote
nelzon Apr 30, 2015

I have the same problem

Captura.PNG

Steven Behnke Community Leader Apr 30, 2015

Thanks for the picture, that made it super clear

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Leader Feb 24, 2015

Can you provide a screenshot or a more detailed description?

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Leader Apr 30, 2015

Hi @nelzon, I can help you out here.

First, it makes it way easier for me personally if you ask a new question, instead of asking a question in an answer on an existing question.

Secondly, welcome to Atlassian Answers. This is a user-based forum for Atlassian products and I do not work for Atlassian.

Anyway, you're seeing that screen because you added variables to the template. Remove the variables and you won't see that screen anymore. I see what you're trying to do but Confluence doesn't let you make templates like you've done it, you should use instructional text instead: Cloud: Creating a Template - Instructional Text

Instructional text is placeholder content in a template, and is only visible while you're editing the page. Use it to give guidance to whoever is creating a page from the template.

To insert instructional text:

1. Choose Template > Instructional Text in the toolbar
  2. Type in your instructional text (for example, Insert an image of the interface here.)

Instructional text appears in italics with a shaded background, to distinguish it from normal paragraph text.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,440 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you