page-form created via confluence; still shows “step 2: fill in template variables" how do I get rid of that?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I have the same problem

Captura.PNG

Steven Behnke Community Champion Apr 30, 2015

Thanks for the picture, that made it super clear

Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 24, 2015

Can you provide a screenshot or a more detailed description?

Steven Behnke Community Champion Apr 30, 2015

Hi @nelzon, I can help you out here.

First, it makes it way easier for me personally if you ask a new question, instead of asking a question in an answer on an existing question.

Secondly, welcome to Atlassian Answers. This is a user-based forum for Atlassian products and I do not work for Atlassian.

Anyway, you're seeing that screen because you added variables to the template. Remove the variables and you won't see that screen anymore. I see what you're trying to do but Confluence doesn't let you make templates like you've done it, you should use instructional text instead: Cloud: Creating a Template - Instructional Text

Instructional text is placeholder content in a template, and is only visible while you're editing the page. Use it to give guidance to whoever is creating a page from the template.

To insert instructional text:

1. Choose Template > Instructional Text in the toolbar
  2. Type in your instructional text (for example, Insert an image of the interface here.)

Instructional text appears in italics with a shaded background, to distinguish it from normal paragraph text.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

564 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you