once content is purged, is there a way to restore

Mary Cook August 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Purging Deleted Pages

We are working through an archive/purge routine for the first time. If I purge deleted pages by accident, is it possible to have the content restored?

3 answers

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

Have you read this https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/site-backup-and-restore-163578.html? Depending on the size or anticipated size of your Confluence instance, different strategies may need to be taken.

Note: This doesn't apply to Confluence Cloud. Read this instead https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/data-storage-faq-744721620.html#DatastorageFAQ-Howoftenisdatabackedup

0 votes

And we do now. Just learned how. Thanks!

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

Your IT department retains a backup, right? RIGHT?

Haha - our IT is also asking. We really haven't explored these options in confluence. To start with, I thought I would best export the space. Is this the best first step? We clearly are needing to build our process!

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

I guess the first question is why purge? Regardless, exporting the space as XML is a fine backup.

Terrific! Thanks for the info Milo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events