moving confluence database

Kimberly McCarty March 28, 2022
Hello,
Our current confluence db is on a Windows 2008 with 2012 SQL server SP3.
We need to move it.
We need to build an environment to get this moved too, in preparing for that I have a question around using this process to move our confluence db: (see below)
  • Take a backup/dump of the old database using standard database tools, restore it to the target database, repoint confluence and restart it. Pretty much a like-for-like lift and shift
  • Pro: fast, reliable, minimal reconfiguration
  • Con: needs old and new databases to be 100% compatible
My question: is it ok if we build a Windows 2019 with a 2012 SQL server SP4?
Will this allow us to be careful on the CON addressed above: needs old and new databases to be 100% compatible because the SP's would be different.
Should we install SP4 on the current hardware where the confluence db resides before we make this move?
Thanks,
Kimberly

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2022

@Kimberly McCarty Here is some great documentation on migrating the DB https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/migrating-to-another-database-148867.html

If the new DB is 2012 SP4 I would upgrade the old DB to SP4 prior to doing the migration.  Then if you run into any issues you know that the SP difference is not causing any issues.  It shouldn't but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events