link two different pages

MJ Taleghani December 31, 2018

Hi,

I have a table in confluence which contains the information the same as on other and the only difference is one of them has some passwords in it that I do not want to visible to others. So I create the other one with neglected password column.
Now I want to share the second page with all staff with edit permission.

What I want is I need to link two pages together, So If the limited page has changed, the main page would change.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2019

There are no functions to do this in Confluence - you will need to find or write code that can do it.

Without code, the closest you can get is to use an "include" or "include-excerpt" macro - these render the whole, or part, of a named page inside another page.  But, to do it, the page being drawn in must be visible to other users, so you can't do "Page A (readable by everyone) includes part of Page B (which is only available to a few people)"

You could reverse it though - put your shared information on the public page and include it in the private page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events