keeping content fresh with content manangers

Michael Brennan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2013

We are moving from an intranet to confluence. In our intranet, we had the concept of a "content manager" who was assigned a number of pages. Each year they could view a list of their pages and they'd sign off on each page as being 'current'.

I was thinking about how to achieve this with confluence and it seemed possible with tags. I could add a tag "review" for any content that gets reviewed. I could add "reviewer-username" to attach a manager to a piece of content. I could then have these people add "reviewed-YYYY" for the year they reviewed the content.

This would allow me to use the content by label macro to see all content that is reviewable but hasn't been reviwed in a certain year for example.

This seems like heavy usage of the labels - does anyone have a better approach for how to have content managers using out of the box tools?

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2014

Archiving Plugin is a Confluence add-on developed for exactly these use cases.

The nicety is that it makes the whole thing automatic. You configure the rules, and then the list of pages to be reviewed will come to the content managers, so it's fire and forget. Page expiration can be set to exact dates, or "this page expires in N days from its last update", "this page expires in N days from its last view", etc.

You can easily install the plugin from here, and read the user manual here. You should definitely try it!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events