ios app restrictions

Adrian Roberts May 31, 2022

Hi

We are looking to put domain login restrictions on the iOS and Android Confluence cloud apps. We do run WorkSpace1 as our MDM solution so have the functionality to apply restrictions if they are available. This is usually done through layering an xml configuration over the app management.

We wish to restrict login from those devices to just @OURDOMAIN.COM email addresses if possible. Any pointers as to how to get this done?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

I am not sure I understand the question, could you explain where you are trying to apply restrictions?

To explain where I'm confused, imagine you have a Confluence Cloud system, and a human with an Android 'phone who might want to use the Confluence app to connect to your Confluence Cloud.

Are you trying to restrict

• logins to your Confluence to accounts that belong to @ourdomain.com email addresses,
  • the android app so that the user cannot use the app to log into other Confluence systems
  • the Confluence system to accounts that are connecting via the app instead of a browser
Adrian Roberts June 9, 2022

Sorry for the delayed response. 

In this case specifically restricting the app on the device so users can only use an @OURDOMAIN.COM email address to log in. We are trying to prevent possible data egress by stopping people logging into other confluence accounts and pasting large amounts of data into it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Ok, you will have to write your own app to do that, and, of course, lock down people's 'phones so they can't install other apps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events