invitation does not redirect and cannot access wiki

MPC Secretary January 21, 2023

i have an invite where the user clicks the link and it ends up in a redirect loop. In the user let they continue to only show as "invited". 

if they log into atlassian it implies they have access to the space but cannot. 

if they navigate directly to https://mishawakapilotsclub.atlassian.net/wiki they do not get anything

i followed the steps for giving them admin address to everything, with no change. i found a ticket implying a problem with a product landing page but it seems to be set correctly. 

the user is just constantly stuck at "id. atlassian.con" in the address bar

i am unsure  how to troubleshoot any further

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2023

@MPC Secretary Welcome to the Atlassian community

I usually see this when the user is logged into Chrome with an account associated with Atlassian and it is not the one that they are invited on or they are using an incorrect account.  I would suggest the following:

Rule out interference of your other account session by:

1. Open a new browser window in Incognito/Private mode
  2. Use another browser where no Atlassian account is logged in

After you do one of the above, you can:

1. Log into the account that was given access to the site
  2. Navigate into the site that you were given access

Let me know if that works.

LosD January 22, 2023

@Brant Schroeder We saw more or less the same thing  (though in our case, there were no difference however we tried to access the wiki, always the loop)  the day before yesterday when I invited a new user. 

Weirdly enough, Jira worked fine, Confluence redirect loop for 4-5 times, then some generic-looking error message 

Same account was used for invite and login. We tried with a three different browsers, Edge, Chrome and Firefox. No difference.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@LosD I will escalate to Atlassian so they can take a look.  

LosD January 23, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Thanks! But it seems to have resolved itself later. He can enter now, and status changed to "Active" in the User admin. Maybe some temporary issue? I haven't really seen anything similar recently except the issue from @MPC Secretary within a day of our own. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2023

Hi @LosD,

I hope you're doing well. :) I've encountered the same on customer sites, and it tends to be a temporary issue.

If you have the problem again, we can raise a ticket in support and look at your site.

Let me know!

Take care,

Shannon | Atlassian Community Support 

LosD January 24, 2023

Thanks @Shannon S 

Another user (invited at the same time as the one with issues) joined today, and he didn't have any problems, so at least for now it seems to have resolved itself.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events