how to retrieve @user on page

Saira March 29, 2023

Hi,

I want to create an automation to send reminder to the person who is mentioned on a page with @User mention. Is there a way to store this in a variable in the automation?

2 answers

1 vote
Trev Angle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Hi @Saira, this is possible! Unfortunately it is not documented clearly, but the 'User mentioned' trigger does output the mentioned user with the {{user}} smart value. Here is a working example of a rule that adds a user's name to the audit log when they are mentioned somewhere:

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 10.00.19 AM.png

If your requirement is to send the reminder with some delay, that would be a bit trickier. The 'User mentioned' trigger only acts when the user first gets mentioned. Please let me know if the 'User mentioned' trigger is not sufficient for your use case.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@Trev Angle thank you pitching in with an awesome and unexpected answer! 

You know that "they should put it on the box"!! :)

Saira April 3, 2023

This did not work for me. Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 10.31.20 AM.png

Saira April 3, 2023

There's nothing that showed up in the audit logs 

Trev Angle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2023

@Saira Can I ask how you are trying to test the rule? If you are trying to test the rule by mentioning yourself that won't work, because the Confluence backend does not treat these as true mentions (mentioning yourself doesn't generate a notification)

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

Hi @Saira 

Unfortunately I didn't find any proper indication on the confluence cloud documentation about getting the mentioned user as a smart value:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events