how to restore unpublished changes after reverting to a published version

Katherine_Renwick April 14, 2020

Hi, wondering if there is any way (I think the answer is no) to restore unpublished changes after reverting to a published version

ie - had notes on a page, had a meeting, added notes without publishing, made changes to original notes and made a mistake, selected restore published version and the meeting notes taken are now gone and no record of them in previous versions

this seems like a really dumb feature if I can't restore changes that were made but not published. please help!

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Hello there, @Katherine_Renwick !

As I understand, a set of Unpublished Changes (a draft) was deleted and this set of changes need to be restored. 

As you have specified in your question "I think the answer is no", we are not able to restore deleted draft. The Unpublished Changes mechanism is in place so we can start to create changes in our pages and then come back to them later. It works as a fail-safe if something is wrongly added or removed from out content.

Here is an excerpt of our documentation that talks about this topic:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 18.33.48.png

You can check the entire document here:

I hope this shines some light into the situation!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events