how to install and use confluence pandoc connect?

Cheo Alvarez February 3, 2016

This add-on showed promise, especially considering some 'image size exceeded xxx' exceptions we saw getting thrown when importing docx files using the native 'Import Word Document' functionality (we've since filed a support ticket on that issue, awaiting resolution) .

After installation of the pandoc connect add-on , and our first attempts to use, we immediately received 'A web handler threw an exception. Details: Couldn't get the username from the application' message.

We later noticed on the plug-in manager that our 'access token' was not set, but attempts to generate a new access token from the plug-in manager, and the marketplace page, failed (this link couldnt be found https://marketplace.atlassian.com/manage/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.pandocconnect/private-listings )

Does anyone know how to get this add-on up and running properly? It shows a lot of promise. Eager to update my review if anyone can help us get this working

1 answer

0 votes
ajk笑ェノ)︵
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2016

Hi @Cheo Alvarez,

Just letting you know I've seen this and I don't have time immediately but I will look into it as soon as I can. I'm the maintainer of Confluence Pandoc Connect smile

As a preliminary note, the link you've included actually shouldn't be accessible to you, since that's the private listing page for the add-on that is only available to the add-on's developers. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on?

Hi @Avi Knoll , many thanks for the prompt reply. I just tried the uninstall/reinstall with the same outcome unfortunately, happy to help however how I can whenever you get a chance. 

ajk笑ェノ)︵
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2016

Great, thanks! Just knowing the date and time that you've tried the operation will help me search for the cause smile

Just attempted it one more time,

timestamp 2016-Feb-03 5:27pm CST

Thank you!

ajk笑ェノ)︵
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2016

Hi again @Cheo Alvarez,

I'm having trouble replicating your issue. Do you have the same problem with other users, or with different documents, please?

If only certain users fail, any difference in the permissions of the user may be responsible. If only certain documents fail, an example of one that fails would help me diagnose the issue.

Thanks smile

Cheo Alvarez February 23, 2016

Hi Avi,

I am the admin of our cloud instance. We've had trouble with other users as well so the add-on has been disabled for the time being.  I just tried a few more docx with the same result so I will disable the add-on again

I'm happy to share the document of interest if you can provide me an email address to send it to

Thanks

Cheo

Cheo Alvarez February 25, 2016

Hi Avi,

One thing I just stumbled across when checking permissions, it looks like the pandoc connect plugin manages its own permissions? And by default came with restrictions on adding/deleting pages? Maybe this is the issue?

confluence pan-doc permissions.PNG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events