how to find space permission of a user

shailesh ligade February 23, 2016

Hello,

I have a user leaving and I want to find all the confluence space/documents this user has permissions so that I can assign them to other user(s). Is there a way to find this information?

S

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Ezra Rezky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hello Shailesh!

You can achieve those information by using SQL query in the database. There are 3 tables in the database which you have to take a look at:

• user_mapping table
    this table contains the username and its user_key. Take a look at the following screenshot:

image2016-2-24 16:40:20.png

You can see that admin's user_key is ff80818152f284990152f293884d0002. This user_key value is what we will use to refer admin in the next tables.

• CONTENT table
    this table contains the information about the Content inside your Confluence, such as page, attachment, etc. This table will shows you which page was created by the user. Try this:

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 16:48:24.png

Now you can find out which page is created by that user.

• SPACES table
    this table contains the information about the Spaces inside your confluence, including its creator. Try this:

Screenshot from 2016-02-24 16:53:51.png

Now you can find out which space is created by that user.

I hope my explanation can help you. Feel free to ask questions, and have a good day!

Warm regards,
Ezra A. R. A. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events